Broad beam ion and plasma products used in vacuum based process tools which interact with material at atomic level. Typical material processes include the precision deposition of thin films; remote plasma etching of the patterned wafer and nanometer–scale modification of the surfaces
• Applications under vacuum processes:
– Ion beam assisted deposition in thermal & e-beam evaporation (IBAD)
• Ion beam assisted deposition in magnetron sputtering (IBAD)
– In-situ preclean in sputtering & evaporation (PC)
– Surface modification and activation (SM)
– Direct deposition of thin hard or functional coatings (DD)
– Low energy ion beam etching (LIBE)
– Biased target ion beam sputter deposition (BTIBSD)
Products : -
– The eH products output a high current and a low energy beam.
• high current : meets specifications for high process rates.
• low energy beam : eliminates damage to surfaces and interfaces.
– The RFICP products produce a high density discharge without the use of filaments
• beam extracted from the discharge is precisely controlled to provide a defined shape, current density and ion energy.
– KDC products are enhanced designs
• Traditional ion beam processing is available with the high quality and the stable beams.
– These electron sources are low energy and high current sources.
– applied as neutralizers or cathodes in the controlled production of ion and plasma beams.